Wanderlust Book prompt #2... 'What I really want is...'



'What I really want is...'

'...COFFEE! Now!!!
...please... white with no sugar... thanks...'

...this weeks Wanderlust Book prompt, What I really want is...) was a spur of the moment decision... needing no 'prompting description' written on the page (I was hanging out for a cup when I read the prompt...) The word 'Coffee' says it all! It can mean, 'I need to wake up'... or... 'lets sit down & have a chat... or... 'ooohh... I think I need to sober up'.... or... 'how cool is this coffee shop... fancy a coffee?'... or... 'hang on a sec... I'll just put the kettle on..'  The list is endless... if it can be placed in a 'drip'.. I'm in! Its a universal beverage that brings us all together or enables us to simply to enjoy a quiet time on your own...

Well.. here is my 'What I really want is Coffee!' journal page... inspired by Kasia's Wanderlust Class on Composition Building...


...so, this is how the big 'Coffee Caper' began... I had these awesome retro styled  digital 'Coffee' images & paper from Pickleberry Pop... great site for digital downloads... printed & cut them out using my Silhouette Cameo... glued them down on some watercolour paper that has been painted with gesso and after the glue had dried added a touch more gesso on top of the whole thing to grunge it up a bit more and add a bit more texture...



...then... all the added colour was done using Faber Castell Albrecht Durer watercolour pencils... (these are awesome!!) Stampin' Up! inks, and a H2O water brush... the coffee rings are done using a Kaszazz stamp with inks...

so... here's a closer look...








Well... speaking of coffee... time to put the kettle on... white with no sugar thanks... :)

Till next time..

Luv Deb x