Cold Process..



Yes, its me again with more to share...

This is another 'new' obsession that is using up lots of my free time. Its one thing that I have watched on You Tube, read about and dreamed of doing... it's making Cold Process Soap. Ive always been too scared to use the Caustic Soda but got over my fear & I'm completely hooked!!!!



This is my 1st ever batch. Its a 'Silky Shea Butter' recipe fragranced with 'Energy' blend of oils.
I had a little bit of Soda Ash on top... just scraped it off with the cheese slicer.. worked well. The hardest thing is the waiting... no peaking for 24 hours. Batch #2 is waiting on the bench wrapped up in a blanket... waiting, waiting, waiting..... that one is a' Macadamia Oil Soap' fragranced with May Chang Essential Oil, a type of lemongrass.  This one smells awesome!!! I will share the pics of this one later...

Till Next Time...

Luv Deb x

Comments

  1. You are amazing Deb. Have you tried the soap yet?

    Abs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Abs.. Ive tried the melt & pour... nice... as for the cold process, I have to let it cure for 4 - 6 weeks.. the hard bit is the waiting! We are off the the markets tomorrow to stock up on more oils & butters... YUMMM!!! Will let you know how they go.
    Deb xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment