DIY Smash Book... Part 1....

Hi all...

Well, hope you all survived the 'silly season' & are presently shovelling in the last bit of yummy fattening food before you loose all common sense and set a new years resolution to get fit & loose weight... mmm... that would be me!!! This year may be the year I actually stick to it...
maybe...

Anyway, while I am on the subject of confessing my sins...  I have another confession... I have a new addiction... needless to say... its another 'crafty' addiction... I know, its very sad & I do need to get a life!!! I work full time whilst indulging all my 'crafty' addictions... so before work I am pleased to say there is a spare 30mins in the mornings where I get to 'google' and find the latest crafty 'thing'.. and then say 'I can do that!!!' ... If only I can get behind the whole fitness thing with the same enthusiasm as my craft adventures... oh well... sh*# happens!!!!

So this months new 'thing' is the delving into the whole Smash Book adventure!!!! Its HUGE!!! We sell them at work... the books, all the accessories, etc. etc... which is all fine until I saw a You Tube video on how to make your own... the book at work  I had on hold has gone back on the shelf & for the last 2 days I have been making my first of many DIY Smash Books... LLOOOOOOVVVEE them!!!

Here is Part 1 of the continuing Smash Book Saga... (I couldn't wait till I finished to show you all...) I still have to bind this little baby... (another confession..  a Zutter Bind it All... and the wires... etc... is in the post as we speak... naughty Deb!!!) ... will post it once it is finished and bound...

This is it so far... stay tuned for Part 2....


Once you make one... you will look at all your papers with new set of eyes... the above pic is the cover being done... I just glued the paper on... and below is the project so far... I want to add some lush flowers on the cover... still need to bind it and then the fun bit starts... the 'Smashing' part...


 
Many of the 'Store bought' Smash books have a bit of a theme but still a bit 'crazy' in the whole colour coordinating thing... I think my obsessive compulsive side kicked in & stuck to papers from a complete range and added a splash of purple to add the colour... I also opted for a purple gel pen instead of the traditional Smash Pens... at least this way I can write on the black paper... any gluing will be done in my little craft room... not on the run... I also need to get some black elastic to do the pen holder & the book wrap...
 
...bit excited.. can you tell?
 
 
...the above pic is generally what it will sort of look like... just imagine the black binding wires, a black elastic around the pen and there you have it... my very own DIY Smash Book... with a 'love' theme... just in time for Valenines Day...
 


 
So, enough rambling... sorry... I tend to get a bit excited about new adventures...
 
Till next time,
 
Luv Deb x
 

Comments