Gel Medium Transfer...


Hi De Ho all...

Well, this is my excuse for not doing my book work for my Wild Wicks online business... sorry my lovely accountant... I was busy tonight... mmm... blogging... well, it is very important... oh well, its another day tomorrow...

Anyway... back to the important things of life... sharing my crafting adventures...

Tonight I wanted to show you my attempt at photo transfers using gel medium... VERY easy!!! All I did was print image... in reverse on a laser printer... apply an even coat of gel medium to what ever surface you wish to apply the image... place the printed image face down of the surface and rub out any air bubbles... a rubber brayer or roller is the best thing to do this with... next step... wait.... preferably overnight to dry completely... and all you do the next day is place a wet sponge on top and gently roll off the paper when it is very wet... the trick is to know when to stop... you can apply a coat of varnish on top and any bits of left over paper pulp tends to disappear... I used matt Mod Podge for these...

I tried with both white printer paper as well as printing it on thin brown paper... both worked OK... added a bit of 'foe' red wine stains and there you have it...





I still haven't got around to attaching my little corks somewhere on this one as well as a twine hanger of sorts... if I do get around to it I will add a P.S. section to this post with the finished photos... maybe... Its a fun technique with photos as well as sayings like these... mmm.. there seems to be a bit of a 'wine' trend here...

Till next time..
Luv Deb x

Comments