Wanderlust Journey... Week 3..




Morning all...

Well... we are already in week 3 of the awesome Wanderlust course...  absolutely lovin' it! This weeks class is all about composition building and making a 'Travel' journal... mine was more of a 'Creative Thoughts' Journal... taught by the very talented Kasia Krzyminska... I spent the whole entire day yesterday in my craft room playing... mmmm... it was a hard day... mmm... lets see.. housework or crafting... I choose crafting...

Anyway... this is my finishing result for my day of 'playing'... many, many layers of paper, glue, ink, gesso, watercolour pencil, markers, stamps etc, etc... the book itself was made using old boxes our Derwent Pencils come in... I simply cannot bring myself to throw out anything 'kraft' looking that can be turned into cards or in this case a very rustic Journal...





so... I grabbed my 'bits' (pictured above)... and went to town...

It never ceases to amaze me what you can do with a simple sheet of paper and a whole lot of  TLC.... the finished book feels so textured and 'yummy'... yes... I have issues... :) I will definitely be using Kasia's book binding technique again... LOVE IT!







...and now for a bit of a closer 'snoop'... if you look hard enough, you may see some paper napkins I managed to sneak in... (the red leaves above and the pink flowers below... )






Well... its getting late... time for a quick cuppa and hit the sack... time for the next challenge...
stay tuned, thanks for popping by...

Till next time,

Luv Deb x










Comments

  1. I sooooo love your journal. Thanks for sharing it both here and in the Wanderlust forum. So pretty paper you used and I love the playing cards you used on your project. One to remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sinikka... Thanks for visiting... working in an art & craft store keeps me surrounded by all the 'pretties'... and causes an empty purse... :)

      Delete

Post a Comment